Thứ Bảy, 9 tháng 6, 2012

THE BEST STORIES IN ENGLISH LANGUAGES ....!!!

Why women cry ...!!!



Why are you crying, a young boy asked his Mom?

"Because I'm a woman," she told him.

"I don't understand," he said.

His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will, but that's O.K.".......

Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does Mom seem to cry for no reason?". "All women cry for no reason," was all his Dad could say......

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry.

Finally he put in a call to God and when God got back to him, he asked "God, why do women cry so easily?"

GOD answered......

"When I made woman, I decided she had to be special. I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet, made her arms gentle enough to give comfort... I gave her the inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times will come even from her own children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going and take care of her family and friends, even when everyone else gives up, through sickness and fatigue without complaining....

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances. Even when her child has hurt her badly....

She has the very special power to make a child's boo-boo feel better and to quell a teenager's anxieties and fears....

I gave her strength to care for her husband, despite faults and I fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart....

I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly....

For all of this hard work, I also gave her a tear to shed. It is hers to use whenever needed and ! it is her only weakness....
When you see her cry, tell her how much you love her, and all she does for everyone, and even though she may still cry, you will have made her heart feel good.

*******************************

DO IT NOW….!!!

In a crash course in psychology, the professor gave the assignment to the students: "Within a week, you go to someone you love, and tell them that you love them. They are people that you have never or rarely told such words."

The assignment looked easy. However, almost the men of the course, who were over 30 years old, found it difficult to carry out because rarely had they expressed their feelings to someone else.

At the beginning of the next class, the professor asked his students to retell their stories. It seemed that he waited for a woman, but an arm of a man raised. He looked so touched. He began his story:

“Five years ago, my father and I had a vicious disagreement and never really resolved it. We avoided seeing each other unless we absolutely had to at family gatherings. Even those times, we hardly spoke. So by the time I got home, I had convinced myself I was going to tell my father I loved him.

Just making that decision seemed to lift a heavy load off my chest. During that night, I hardly slept. Next day, I was at my parents' house ringing the doorbell, praying that Dad would answer the door. I was afraid if Mom answered, I would chicken out and tell her instead. But as luck would have it, Dad did answer the door.

‘I didn't waste any time’ - I took one step in the door and said, ‘Dad, I just came over to tell you that please forgive me and I love you.’

It was as if a transformation came over my dad. Before my eyes his face softened, the wrinkles seemed to disappear and he began to cry. He reached out and hugged me and said, ‘I love you too, son, but I've never been able to say it.’

But that's not even my point. Two days after that visit, my dad had a sudden heart attack and now is still in the hospital. If I am still hesitating about talking to my father, I may not have no chance to do so.”

- Dennis E. Mannering

No man truly has joy unless he lives in love.

- St. Thomas Aquinas

You must give time to your fellow men - even if it's a little thing.

- Albert Schweitzer

Patty Hansen

________________________________

AN ACT OF KINDNESS

President Abraham Lincoln often visited hospitals to talk with wounded soldiers during the Civil War. Once, doctors pointed out a young soldier who was near death and Lincoln went over to his bedside.

"Is there anything I can do for you now?" asked the president.

The soldier obviously didn't recognize Lincoln, and with some effort he was able to whisper, "Would you please write a letter to my mother?"

A pen and paper were provided and the president carefully began to write down what the young man was able to say:

"My dearest mother, I was badly hurt while doing my duty. I'm afraid I'm not going to recover. Don't grieve too much for me, please. Kiss Mary and John for me. May God bless you and father."

The soldier was too weak to continue, so Lincoln signed the letter for him and added, "Written for your son by Abraham Lincoln."

The young man asked to see the note and was astonished when he discovered who had written it.

"Are you really the president?" he asked.

"Yes, I am," Lincoln replied quietly. Then he asked if there was anything else he could do.

"Would you please hold my hand?" the soldier asked. "It will help to see me through to the end."

In the hushed room, the tall gaunt president took the soldier's hand in his and spoke warm words of encouragement until death came.

- The Best of Bits & Pieces

___________________________

PERFECT HEART


One day a young man was standing in the middle of town proclaiming that he had the most beautiful heart in the whole valley. A large crowd gathered and they all admired his heart for it was perfect. There was not a mark or flaw in it. Yes, they all agreed it truly was the most beautiful heart they had ever seen. The young man was very proud and boasted more loadly about his beautiful heart.

Suddenly, an old man appeared at the front of the crowd and said, "why your heart is not nearly as beautiful as mine." The crowd and the young man looked at the old mans heart. It was beating strongly but full of scars, it had places where pieces had been removed and other pieces put in, but they didn't fit quite right and there was several jagged edges. In fact, in some places there were deep gouges were whole pieces were missing. The people stared -- How can he his heart is more beautiful, they thought?

The young man looked at the old mans heart and saw it's state and laughed. "You must be joking," he said> "Compare your heart with mine, mine is perfect and yours is a mess of scars and tears." "Yes," said the old man, "Yours is perfect looking but i would never trade with you. You see, every scar represents a person to whom i have given my love - I tear out a peice of my heart and give it to them, and often they give me a piece of there heart which fits into the empty place in my heart, but because the pieces arn't exact, i have some rough edges, which i cherish, because they remind me of the love we shared.

Sometimes i have given pieces of my heart away, and the other person hasn't returned a piece of his heart to me. These are the empty gouges -- giving love is taking a chance. Although these gouges are painful, they stay open, reminding me of the love i have for these people too, and i hope someday they may return and fill the space i have waiting. So now do you see what true beauty is?

The young man stood silently with tears running down his checks. He walked up to the old man, reached into his perfect young and beautiful heart, and ripped a piece out. He offered it to the old man with trembling hands. The old man took his offering, placed it in his heart then took a piece from his old scarred heart and placed it in the wound in the young mans heart. it fit, but not perfectly, as there was some jagged edges. the young man looked at his heart, not perfect anymore but more beautiful than ever, since love from the old mans heart flowed into his. They embraced and walk away side by side.


*****************************************************************

king_with_four_wives.jpgThe king with four wives

Once upon a time....there was a rich king who had four wives. He loved the fourth wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to the finest delicacies. He gave her nothing but the best. He also loved the third wife very much and showed her off to neighbouring kingdoms. However, he feared that one day she would leave him for another.

He also loved the second wife. She was his confidante and was always kind, considerate and patient with him. Whenever the King faced a problem, he could confide in her to help him get through the difficult times.

The King's first wife was a very loyal partner and had made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and kingdom. However, he did not love the first wife and although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her.

One day, the King fell ill and he knew that his time was short.

Thus, he asked the 4th wife, "I have loved you the most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?"

"No way!" replied the 4th wife and she walked away without another word. Her answer cut like a sharp knife right into his heart.

The sad King asked the 3rd wife, "I have loved you all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?"

"No!" replied the 3rd wife. "Life is too good! When you die, I am going to remarry!" His heart sank and turned cold.

He then asked the 2nd wife, "I have always turned to you for help and you've always been there for me. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?"

"I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!" replied the 2nd wife. "At the very most, I can only send you to your grave." Her answer came like a bolt of thunder and the King was devastated.

Then a voice called out: "I'll leave with you and follow you no matter where you go."

The King looked up and there was his first wife. She was so skinny, because she suffered from malnutrition. Greatly grieved, the King said, "I should have taken better care of you when I had the chance!"

In Truth, we all have four wives in our lives:

Our 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look great, it'll leave us when we die.

Our 3rd wife is our possessions, status and wealth. When we die it will all go to others.

Our 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for us, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.

Our 1st wife is our Soul, often neglected in pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the ego. However, our Soul is the only thing that will follow us wherever we go. So cultivate, strengthen and cherish it now! It is your greatest gift to offer the world.

1 nhận xét: